Privacy & Security
#07 Self-Shredding Label
The privacy protection label from Invaluable Inventions prevents theft of confidential information including corporate, personal and medical details.
The self-shredding label is secure, cost-effective and exceeds HIPAA and FACTA compliance for destruction of confidential information.
Solution: USPTO Patents #9779641, #10163372 & #10431124
Copyright © 2016 Invaluable Inventions. All Rights Reserved.
- Confidential information and identity theft are increasingly common
- Personal anguish and significant financial loss can occur from exploited information
- Personal information needs to be protected and corporate data needs to be compliant
- Significant amount of data is stolen from disposed printed communication – dumpster diving – which is underestimated!
- Inappropriate destruction and disposal of printed communication can lead to ID theft or other types of fraud
- The ability to print or write data onto a surface which can be effectively destroyed at will
- A product with an inbuilt destruction mechanism that does not need extraneous equipment for shredding, burning or other common demolition methods
- A destruction mechanism which has the ability to completely destroy the data ensuring it can never be recreated
- Product can be attached to a backing sheet e.g. an adhesive layer for the production of labels
- Guaranteed full destruction of sensitive data to prevent theft and resultant anguish or financial loss
- Product fully compliant with DIN 66399 shredding levels P-1 to P-4 for destruction of confidential information (smallest strip size ≤160 mm² particles with width ≤ 6 mm) HIPAA and FACTA compliant
- Alternate embodiments able to satisfy DIN 66399 shredding levels P-5 to P-7 for destruction of classified information and NSA compliant (smallest strip size ≤5 mm² particles with width ≤ 1 mm)